The content of the DPP Film Tech App can be accessed in different ways:
Intuitive search - uses the search box on the start page, the app has an excellent search algorithm.
By area - the areas FORMAT, CAMERA, POST, DELIVER and DATA are available.
Browse - in the menu you can call up the table of contents. Here are all articles in the overview.
Linked Content Search - You can also click on terms highlighted in the article to move from article to article.
Related Articles - Below your article you will find related topics.
Bookmark – By using the bookmark symbol of an article you can put it in the folder BOOKMARK
The menu - If you press the menu button, you can call up NEWS or the TABLE OF CONTENTS.
You will find a folders for VIDEOS, DOCUMENTS, BOOKMARKS and the GLOSSARY.
Highly recommended is the FILE SIZE CALCULATOR.
In the MYCOMPANY area, companies, broadcasters or universities can have their own protected area, e.g. for eLearning, project management or internal communication.
Last but not least, you will also find FEEDBACK options, SETTINGS, PRIVACY INFORMATION and ABOUT US.
You can navigate as follows:
Home - If you press the HOME button in the menu or the DPP Film Tech App logo, you will come back to the start page.
Back - If you read an article, the menu button turns into a backward arrow. Click - and take a step back.
Notes File Size Calculator
Before you use our File Size Calculator, we would like to point out the following things or contexts.
1) The development is fast and with each update, with each new version of a camera model, individual codecs can change or can come to new. The specified data rates and codecs are as of January 2019. They are based on tested, original manufacturer's information.
2) All available codecs for internal recording on memory cards are given. When using an external recorder, additional codecs may be available that are not listed here.
3) Listed are codecs with interframe as well as with intraframe coding. Please take this into account when assessing the amount of data. About the respective advantages and disadvantages, you will also find an article in the app. The names have been taken from the manufacturers.
4) Codecs with constant bit rate (CBR) and variable bit rate (VBR) are also listed together. You will find the average maximum value, which in VBR depends among other things on the image content and movement.
5) Some models use upscale or downscale modes. This means that the effective number of pixels can be higher (downscale) or lower (upscale) than the pixel number of the recording format. In our File Size Calculator we use the effective pixel numbers used for the respective codec. The data rates correspond to the actual data rates stored on the memory card.
6) As a conversion factor between kilobytes, megabytes and gigabytes, we used the factor 1024 as usual in IT.
7) All in all, tolerances can result from all these factors. For example, when calculating a budget please calculate generously.